Wednesday, April 13, 2005

100 books you should read before you die, riiight...

Yesterday I was reading The University Record. It's one of the student newspapers in college. They've published a list of 100 books you should read before you die. You can get the list here [plaintext, approx 4kb].

It's not immediately obvious who wrote the list, or why exactly one should read these books. Having looked at the list myself, there are only three books I have deemed unreadable in my eyes. The other 97 are countable on my reading list. (Oh, I've read 10 of these, so the 'to read' count is currently only 87).

The three books I've deemed unreadable are:

  1. Anne Frank's Diary - Anne Frank [Reason: Too much 'lets re-live WW2' going on]

  2. Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie [Reason: I just don't like Salman Rushdie]

  3. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte [Reason: Don't get me started on this...]



Besides all this, good on the record for being such a coherently published newsrag.
NOT.

No comments:

About this Blog
I'm currently playing around with the Layout for my site so if there are any glitches or weird bugs please bear with me. I'm slowly but surely cannibalising someone elses work and making it my own. Going from spiderman to something else altogether hopefully. Any comments please email me: nocent -at- gmail.com
I'm a fightin', f*ckin, pinchin', robbin', stealin', fleecin', eatin', drinkin' man.