Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Institute of Advanced Motoring

Since I got my car, I've been paying through my nose for car insurance. I'm 22 and on a provisional licence, you probably have felt my pain...

One way of reducing my insurance is by doing the IAM Provisional Ignition Test. It's a 1-hour advanced driving test and costs €70. It's pretty much the learner equivalent of the full Ignition test (only shorter...)

I rang the IAM to find out what the prerequisites were (in addition to the €70 fee):
- be confident that if you were doing the real driving test, you would pass
- have proof that you have applied for the driving test

According to the girl I was talking to on the phone the test date should be within 10 days (or shortly thereafter) of confirmation of payment (Laser, Credit Card, Postal Money order...)

The benefit to me is a 23% reduction of my car insurance, which works out quite well. Check out the IAM website for more information. The link is near the bottom of the page to the right of the screen marked Provisional Ignition Test.



No comments:

About this Blog
I'm currently playing around with the Layout for my site so if there are any glitches or weird bugs please bear with me. I'm slowly but surely cannibalising someone elses work and making it my own. Going from spiderman to something else altogether hopefully. Any comments please email me: nocent -at- gmail.com
I'm a fightin', f*ckin, pinchin', robbin', stealin', fleecin', eatin', drinkin' man.