Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My reading list is growing

Well it is. I've been downloading marketing books, stuff on css/xhtml, gathering tutorials for photoshop etc, and generally trying to learn a lot in a small space of time. I've also been writing tutorials and tips 'n' tricks for the knowledge base on dodublin.

Things I still need to do are:

  1. get a comprehensive list of sites and directories to add dodublin to once it goes live

  2. develop a template for the existing content on dodublin

  3. decide what conventions to use in reviews etc on the site

  4. get the site up and running (even if only in a dreaded 'beta' form



Something inside me tells me to steer clear of a 'beta' site. I won't go off on one about publishing a beta site, but it has become all too commonplace for mainstream sites to add a beta tag to their banner/logo/whatever to compensate for poor or untested design. What happened to standards?

In a related side-note, I downloaded excerpted chapters from Zeldman's Web Standards Book. Looks to be quite good. Now if I could only find time to read it...

...and that.

No comments:

About this Blog
I'm currently playing around with the Layout for my site so if there are any glitches or weird bugs please bear with me. I'm slowly but surely cannibalising someone elses work and making it my own. Going from spiderman to something else altogether hopefully. Any comments please email me: nocent -at- gmail.com
I'm a fightin', f*ckin, pinchin', robbin', stealin', fleecin', eatin', drinkin' man.