Sunday, July 10, 2005

Eclipse NSIS

I've been working with NSIS in work to create an install system for new users. Instead of having to set up a new computer manually, all I would have to do is run one application and have everything installed and configured automatically.

NSIS is the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System. (Yeah, it's the same Nullsoft of Winamp fame...) Anyway, using the latest eclipse install (3.1), I've been monkeying around with the NSIS plugin, EclipseNSIS. Very professional installers can be made with very little hassle. Even a perfuntory knowledge of windows helps alot.

One thing I really like about the new job is the fact that I may not retain the rights to any of the software I write there, but they can't stop me from gaining experience. Heading to Carlingford next weekend with the office. Should be great craic.

Launching dodublin soon. May move the blog to there, but there'll definitely be a development section. I'll probably publish tutorials on NSIS, some installers (for example, for eclipse) and other dev. info I find useful.

No comments:

About this Blog
I'm currently playing around with the Layout for my site so if there are any glitches or weird bugs please bear with me. I'm slowly but surely cannibalising someone elses work and making it my own. Going from spiderman to something else altogether hopefully. Any comments please email me: nocent -at- gmail.com
I'm a fightin', f*ckin, pinchin', robbin', stealin', fleecin', eatin', drinkin' man.