Monday, June 27, 2005

Selective writing

I realised recently that I'm not completely honest in posting. I reckon it's part of the fact that this blog is entirely public and that I don't necessarily need everyone and anyone knowing my business.

Anyway, enough introspection. The linux box I had set up the other day was running the presentation too slow, so today I was set the task of giving it a little speedup and then setting up vnc. UUUUGHGHGHHHH!! Spent the morning trying to get the thing working. Eventually got the IP address sorted, ssh & vnc working locally, but not much else. Ended up giving up performance and linuxy goodness to have something running. (NT is a behemoth compared to linux...) I have vowed to get the linux box up and running again though. I have to say, I quite like Fedora Core, coming from Slackware it's quite user-friendly, more bells and whistles rather than harsh (but lovable) text-based config screens.

Got paid today. If I can make the last paycheck from the old job last until next month I should have a car by August. Now I need to book the Driver Theory Test and get the provisional before I find out how much I'm going to be taken for on insurance, tax etc. Going to Portumna next weekend and possibly going to have a look at some cars while there.

No comments:

About this Blog
I'm currently playing around with the Layout for my site so if there are any glitches or weird bugs please bear with me. I'm slowly but surely cannibalising someone elses work and making it my own. Going from spiderman to something else altogether hopefully. Any comments please email me: nocent -at- gmail.com
I'm a fightin', f*ckin, pinchin', robbin', stealin', fleecin', eatin', drinkin' man.