Monday, April 25, 2005

The neverending quest for a bicycle pump attachment.

Worked this weekend. With more success than last weekend. Only made it in for three hours Saturday last weekend and had to leave. Spent Sunday and Monday in bed feeling vile.

The ongoing quest for a bicycle pump attachment is annoying but fun. If you know what I mean. The hardware shop near work is closed at the weekend. The local hardware shop only had the attachment for racer (track) bikes. No good to me. The toy shop, which used to sell bikes but now doesn't, doesn't have them (not actually that surprising). One helpful person told me I could cycle down to the bike shop on the way to work. Yeah, I saw her point immediately. Why would I be looking for a pump attachment otherwise?! I'll probably stop by the bike shop when I've the chance. The really ironic thing is, once I get the tire's reinflated I have to cycle down to the bike shop anyway to get the gears fixed on the darn thing!!!!

Have been thinking more about the FY options. Probably going to pick CG & Mobile Comms. The prospect of messing around with phones in engineering mode is pretty cool.

Was talking to charles about the CG option. He seems to be interested in what it's comprised of. He told me that Buzz was going to be doing a vtm series on creating a crowd generation app using OpenGL. I'm well interested. It might be interesting to do a final year project along those lines...

Totally failed to get the point of Test Driven Development for the project due tomorrow until an hour or so ago. After I had written the code. Still have Unit tests to write, a report to produce and I need to clean up the source tree. Didn't attempt a GUI. My exploration of SWT proved to be very interesting though. I'll prolly keep that up over the summer. I'll also need to produce an ant buildfile. All this for a little under 11 hours time?

Good times, good times...

No comments:

About this Blog
I'm currently playing around with the Layout for my site so if there are any glitches or weird bugs please bear with me. I'm slowly but surely cannibalising someone elses work and making it my own. Going from spiderman to something else altogether hopefully. Any comments please email me: nocent -at- gmail.com
I'm a fightin', f*ckin, pinchin', robbin', stealin', fleecin', eatin', drinkin' man.