Tuesday, April 19, 2005

C'mon guys, lets stop the charade, it was grey smoke

I don't really care that there's a new pope. I'm posting about it anyway though, aren't I?

Well no actually. That was just to tease you into reading this post.

I've decided to tackle the '101 books' list over the summer, give the price of each book & the value I thought it had (from reading it), the total satisfaction rating will therefore be based upon the handy formula: (Price of Book) - (Perceived value). Each time a book is finished I'll publish it's results, followed by the current total satisfaction value. Somewhat like Dave Gorman's Happiness meter (I can't remember the exact name for it, but it was in the show where he followed his horoscope & his mate didnt & they compared their happiness...).

I could even expand it into a site of its own, letting people suggest books, rate them, for a period of time (like a month or two), then read & rate them, use an average cost for the book based on aggregate figures & every year publish a total figure (positive or negative)... It's an idea I may have to look into.

That's enough of me writing stuff then elipses though. Till next time.

No comments:

About this Blog
I'm currently playing around with the Layout for my site so if there are any glitches or weird bugs please bear with me. I'm slowly but surely cannibalising someone elses work and making it my own. Going from spiderman to something else altogether hopefully. Any comments please email me: nocent -at- gmail.com
I'm a fightin', f*ckin, pinchin', robbin', stealin', fleecin', eatin', drinkin' man.